Expressions of Interest Now CLOSED
X is the intersection of collaboration through Dance and Music improvisation. At the outset of each live streamed performance the Dance and Music are both unknown and independent of each other – created through rules of chance
X is a paid opportunity:
Fee: $600 (plus Super)
per event for each participating dancer.
Each artist will enter into an agreement with Dance Hub SA
This is X
There are up to 12 positions open in each event
Dancers need to be based in South Australia or if currently based outside of South Australia, need to have a track record of performing in South Australia and be in situ on the production week dates.
August 15 2021
October 10 2021
February 20 2022
May 15 2022.
It is estimated that each event will
require a time commitment
of approximately 5-6 hours
on the performance day plus
up to 5-hours during the production week.
All four (4) iterations of X will be livestreamed
via the Dance Hub SA Facebook page.
Each iteration will be 60 – 90 minute in duration.
X is a performed improvised event and the breeding ground of Dance and Music experimentation extending the lineage of luminaries Merce Cunningham and John Cage using chance and randomness as creative tools.
Each event is facilitated by our Artistic Director, Amanda Phillips (Dance) & Alexander Waite Mitchell (Music) – who share a prolific body of transdisciplinary and interactive work.
They are also participating artists within each event.
Each event includes the interchangeable/rotating participation of a team of choreographer-directors,
sonic creators /composer-musicians and dancers
You can nominate to be considered for a single event or multiple events.
Applications close 5pm
ACST Monday July 19, 2021.
To be in the pool of creatives for X, please complete the online application with the following information:
- Name and Contact Details – Address; Email; Mobile
- Please provide a short Biography of your key achievements in your art form (150 words maximum).
- What is your motivation for being part of X ? (150 words maximum).
- Up to two URLs / links to work or your website can be provided.
- Indicate what capacity you wish to participate in (select all relevant boxes) Choreographer/ Sonic Creator, Composer-Musician/ Choreographer-Dancer
- Indicate what dates you are available to participate (select all relevant boxes):
To be considered in the pool of dancers for X,
please complete the online application form.
X is funded through the
Department of the Premier and Cabinet’s Arts Recovery Fund.