Artists in Residence 2023
Alchemy dance collective
Ade Suharto & Alison Currie
Artists in Residence 2022
Artists in Residence 2021
Gabrielle Nankivell & Jo Stone
Dance Hub SA offers a Residency program that contributes to and promotes
art form development, and in turn connects the community.
The Dance Hub residency program is designed for dance artists to work in the studio from 3 days – 3 weeks as available in a calendar year. It provides the opportunity to develop an idea, test or create. It’s just that – dedicated studio time.
As the application does not auto save we recommend you view the application preview and answer the narrative questions in a text file that then can be cut and pasted into the online form.
Applications are assessed by a national panel against the criteria of artistic excellence and artform development.
Please frame your responses accordingly
- innovation, originality, quality, creativity and ambition
- the context in which the work is being undertaken
- the track record, creative achievement and skill of the artist or artists involved
- evidence of experimentation, risk taking and bravery
- the potential contribution to the development of the art form
- the potential to enhance the skills and/or professional reputation of the applicant
- the capacity to forge new pathways for artist and sector development
- the capacity to develop new networks, collaborations and partnerships
The Artist in Residence is supported in the following ways:
The duration of the residency is shaped and agreed upon based on the conversation with the Artist and your desired outcomes. The Dance Hub facilitates and supports the process and allows the Artist to lead the Residency as they need.
The framework of the residency is created and led by the applicant. Artists in Residence of more than 3 days will be asked to give back to the community through various activities such as a public showing, an open studio, live streaming, a Q&A, or an extension of these ideas.
In addition we aim to assist each resident with documentation support or an allowance to offset direct costs of the residency. These are negotiated on project by project basis
Eligibility and Timeline
Only South Australian practitioners are eligible to apply.
You must be a current member of Dance Hub SA to apply.